Lake George Boating
A summer vacation at our rv resort wouldn’t be complete without a Lake George boating experience. Enjoy a boat ride along the crystal clear waters of Lake George….climb on board a pontoon boat with family and friends and take a leisurely sail out to the various islands dispersed throughout the beautiful Lake. Do you have the need for speed? Rent a speed boat from one of the Lake George marinas located throughout various points around the Lake. Whichever way you prefer to sail, there is a boat ready for you – just make sure to anchor your boat and take a swim!
Planning a family getaway this summer to Lake George? Our RV vacation rentals are a perfect option for your family! Not only are you close to exciting family entertainment, bike trails and Lake George museums – but you are also close to the Million Dollar Beach and numerous boat docking areas.
Sunbathe on the Million Dollar Beach amidst the beauty of the Adirondack Mountain landscape, create sand castles with the youngsters or sign up for a beach volleyball tournament with a group of your friends. The sun is warm, the water is sparkling and the atmosphere of Lake George is unbelievable!
Don’t own your own boat? No problem! No matter where you are in Lake George, marinas have what you are looking for. From fishing boats, canoes and kayaks, to Sea Doo jet skis and Bowriders, you can rent a clean, safe and fun family boat to make your Lake George vacation complete! From Lake George Village in the southern basin to Ticonderoga in the northern basin – locate a marina and find the boat of your dreams today.
While on vacation, don’t worry about finding an area to store your Lake vessel – allow the professionals at your marina of choice to take care of it for you. Lake George marinas provide fuel, boat storage, repairs, dock rentals and launching equipment to make your experience the best! See the beauty of Lake George and the surrounding Adirondack Mountains by water – rent a boat while staying at the vacation rentals in Lake George.
Tips for Boating on Lake George:
- Be Courteous: Lake George is a popular destination for swimmers and boaters alike. Due to the large volume of boaters every year, it is essential to be alert and courteous of other boaters, swimmers and those fishing.
- Keep it Clean: This Lake is your Lake! Make sure to clean your boat before embarking and after you launch. Don’t litter, and keep the water clean for others to experience the beauty.
- Calling All Speed Demons! Reduce your speed when approaching the Village of Lake George. Always be aware of those around you and check back to see if anyone has crossed the path of your wake.
- Leave the drinks behind: Drinking while boating is illegal. Obey the law for safe, fun and healthy boating.
- Watch the Skies: Due to the fact that Lake George is 32 miles long and 3 miles wide, an onset of harsh weather can happen quickly. Be prepared at all times for rainy weather.
- It’s Deep! While boating, pay attention to sudden drops in Lake depth. At certain points, you may reach sandy bottoms, then cast over depths of almost 200 feet. Learn the Lake George navigation rules prior to venturing out on the Lake. Enjoy your cruise and know where the shallow, sandy parts reside.
- Have Fun! After all, you are on one of the most beautiful Lakes in the region – Lake George is a family oriented, fun-filled, year round vacation destination. While staying at the vacation rentals in Lake George, Take your children on a beautiful boat ride to remember along the pristine waters.
Here is some information regarding boating on Lake George and activities located near the Wilderness Lodging vacation rentals. Come visit Lake George on your next vacation and see the difference!
- Lake George Chamber
- Lake George Park Commission
- Association of Lake George
- Family Hiking
- Horseback Riding
- Plan Your Visit to Lake George!
- Family Entertainment
There is always something to do in the Village of Lake George. Vacation rentals boast fun and excitement, especially during peak vacationing months.Book an exciting vacation to Lake George today and discover for yourself why generations of families return to our luxurious, Vacation Destination Resort year after year!
Call us today at (518) 792-3775 to check rates and availability, or request more information!