Lake George History

“Fort William Henry was constructed at the southern end of Lake George in 1755 by Major-General William Johnson and a group of colonial volunteers.  The British military strategists designed the fort as a key installation in the northern defense of the colony of New York.  It would also serve as a launching point for future military operations against the threatening French empire to the north.  Finally, the fort would guard the portage between the waters of Lake George and the Hudson River to prevent any large scale French invasion.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lake George RV Park - Fun in Site!

WE ARE OPEN! We have met the requirements of New York Forward reopening plan for businesses as of June 1.  Currently, many of our amenities and services are currently unavailable, including our aquatic areas, until New York State announces a plan to reopen them.  We hope to have that information soon and will share as soon as the information is issued.

For updates on what services and amenities are available for current guests and additional information about our Covid-19 response please go to our dedicated page at https://www.lakegeorgervpark.com/covid-19/

All information on our Covid-19 page supersedes the information on all other pages of our website. Check back often for updates.

Stay safe and healthy until we can be together again.