Go Fishing at our Lake George RV Resort!
Where will you find the best Lake George hotels, motels, or vacation rentals? Treat yourself to the most unique and comfortable lodging in Lake Georgeand experience a vacation like none other.
Some of the best family memories are made on vacations, and when it comes to making memories, fishing is right on the top of the list! How long has it been since you sat on the shore with a box of fresh worms and a peanut butter sandwich, or trolled the open water in a fish-finding motorboat? Remember how you would hear the fish jump, but the only sign of them you ever saw was the little circle of ripples where they popped out of the water?
Our tastefully appointed, comfortable and private Lake George vacation rentals have onsite amenities that include a stocked fishing pond for the enjoyment of even the youngest budding sportsman! You can share those precious memories and create new ones while enjoying your stay here in beautiful Lake George. From bass fishing and adventurous bike trails to enjoying live concerts on stage…Wilderness Lodging has everything to make your vacation unforgettable!
Don’t forget that a valid license is required for fishing in New York State! Check here for Fishing License Information from the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation before heading out to catch the big one.
Here are just a few tips to make your fishing trip fun, safe, and memorable:
- Life preservers are a must when fishing from a boat, but they’re a good idea for children even on shore! Necessary for boating on Lake George, life preservers are extremely important to have at all times.
- Dress for the occasion! Outdoor shoes are a must for navigating slippery rocks and staying stable in a boat that’s wet. Bring along a hat and some work gloves just in case. If you get caught out in a rain shower, make sure that you have an appropriate rain jacket. Rainy days may creep up on you – so always be prepared!
- Fishing is lots of fun, but can be dangerous! Be sure to treat hooks with care: be cautious when casting or baiting. If a hook becomes caught in the skin, remove it and clean the wound, treat with hydrogen peroxide and bandage. (Check to be sure your safety kit is full!)
- Be mindful of getting your line tangled…too many times even the most experienced fisherman has fallen into the water trying to retrieve a snagged fishing line!
- Sunshine is one of the best parts of fishing, so bring along lots ofsunscreen, water for drinking, and snacks. While boating on Lake George, the sun’s rays may become overbearing. Be mindful of the sun and apply sunscreen after every swim.
- Be courteous to others: Don’t throw a line in the water near swimming areas.
- Don’t litter! Keep our beautiful waters pristine and clear for the next generation.
Whatever your preference for freshwater fishing, you can do it here! Lake George has some of the best fishing in North America, and there are hundreds of other lakes, ponds, rivers and streams within a short distance of your. These beautiful freshwater glacial lakes and waterways are home to several species of fish that appeal to all ages and skill levels. Here are just a few:
- Lake Trout
- Rainbow Trout
- Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass
- Northern Pike
Everyone from the youngest to the oldest can get in on the act! There is nothing better than to see the expression on the face of a small child who has just had his or her first run-in with a feisty Perch or Punkinseed! Pan fishing is a huge summer sport for kids, and provides them with exciting vacation memories that will last a lifetime.
There are many types of fishing to enjoy here. For information on fishing in Lake George, including species of fish available, types of fishing and conservation, visit any of these helpful sites:
- Lake George Association
- Lake George Chamber of Commerce
- Lake George Fishing Charters
- E & R Sport Fishing Charters
- Adirondack Fishing Spots
When you return at the end of the day, your incredible Lake George lodging unit awaits – with swimming, tennis, Bingo, even a movie. We have long been providing families with treasured vacation memories. Our accommodations are spacious, luxurious and private units, geared toward your comfort and enjoyment during your stay. Be sure to check out our exciting vacation rental amenities and other Fun Stuff you can enjoy during your stay!
Discover for yourself why generations of families return to our luxurious,Vacation Destination Resort year after year! Experience what hotels in Lake George cannot provide – a comfortable, private Wilderness Lodging vacation experience!
Call us today at (518) 792-3775 to check rates and availability, make a reservation, or request more information!