Last updated 09/22/20 12:40pm
When will you close for the season?
WE CURRENTLY SCHEDULED TO BE OPEN through Monday, October 12th, 2020. Our primary concern is the safety and well-being of our guests and staff. Our guest services team is available from 8 am- 9 pm daily to answer your questions and address your concerns. They can be reached by phone at 518-792-3775.
What amenities are currently available to guests?
Our outdoor pools and spray pad are closed as of September 8. Our indoor heated pool and spa cluster remains open through October 12 under New York State Covid-19 restriction. A mask must be worn when not in the water in all aquatic areas (special user requirements in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 – see below) You can view a list of currently operating park amenities and their operating hours by clicking here. Please note, that due to current guidelines and restrictions some amenities will not be available until further notice, for a list of amenities or canceled park events please click here. You may visit the New York State Regional Monitoring Dashboard at any time to see where the Capital Region (the region that includes Lake George) falls within the reopening metrics.
If you are not comfortable with visiting our Park with a limited number of amenities open or restricted, or do not wish to take the required safety precautions the entire time you are a guest in our facility, please change your arrival date to a time when we expect to be able to offer an environment that you are comfortable with vacationing. We begin taking 2021 season reservations on October 1, 2020. We are dependent on New York State to direct us in matters of public safety and require your understanding and cooperation at all phases of the reopening process. No discounts will be offered. We are also incurring significant extra costs to make our environments as safe as possible that were not expected at the time our 2020 rates were confirmed.
Is your live entertainment operating as scheduled?
French Mountain Playhouse shows for Columbus Day weekend are tentatively scheduled October 10 & 11. Management may need to cancel these shows without advanced notice depending on Covid-19 restrictions in place at the time of the performances. No refunds will be issued if shows are cancelled.
If playhouse venue is open please follow these safety guidelines:
For your safety this season NY State guidelines must be followed by guests who choose to enter our French Mountain Playhouse.
- Face Coverings must be worn the entire time inside
- Please maintain 6 ft between family units inside and outside
- Seating areas have been modified for easier social distancing
- Sanitize hands prior to, during and after event
- Seating available on a first-come, first-served basis
We appreciate your support and cooperation. Stay safe and enjoy our free family shows and activities.
Are aquatic areas closed for the Fall season?
Outdoor pools and spray pad service ends on September 8. Our indoor heated pool and spa cluster will remain open daily through October 12. Specific hours of operations will vary by date. According to the CDC there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the water. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (with chlorine) of pools should kill COVID-19.
Swimming and other water-related activities are excellent ways to get the physical activity needed for a healthy life. If you are not sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, it is safe to use swimming pools as long as steps are taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- According to the CDC there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the water. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (with chlorine) of pools should kill COVID-19.
- Swimming and other water-related activities are excellent ways to get the physical activity needed for a healthy life. If you are not sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, it is safe to use swimming pools as long as steps are taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms and DO NOT enter any pool area
- Ensure that all individuals maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from all others, unless they are members of the same family unit
- The maximum size of any group on the deck AND in the water is limited to 10 people
- When within 6 feet of others outside of your family unit and NOT in the water, you MUST wear face covering over the nose and mouth. Individuals must be prepared to put on a face covering if others unexpectedly come within 6 feet.
- Face coverings must always be worn inside of Park buildings including restrooms
- Ensure different groups of people are separated by at least 6 feet in the pool deck area AND in the water, to the extent possible
- For health and safety, ensure that face coverings are NOT worn while in the water
- Follow proper hand and respiratory hygiene and use sanitizer often when moving around aquatic areas
- Please consider going to an alternate aquatic area (indoor pool, west outdoor pools at entrance), at another time of day, if this area is reaching maximum capacity, so social distancing can be achieved
- Please consider limiting your time in aquatic areas to allow other guests the same experience
- Please consider other activities in place of aquatic experiences to allow for more guests to enjoy pools
- Accompany and supervise children, so they follow guidelines correctly, at all times
Are guests that do not reside in New York State allowed to currently camp at LGRVP?
Yes, we are currently serving guests from all states (and Canada once the border reopens) We can only serve guests with self-contained RVs, which is usually the case as we do not have any tent sites. Our on-site RV rental RVs (including our pet friendly units) are also currently available for booking by guests that reside in any state. Please contact our guest services team for more details on making a reservation. Per Governor Cuomo, guests from the following states must self quarantine for 14 days upon entering New York State, those states include:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin & Wyoming
For the full executive order please click here. If you are visiting from one of those state mention above (list subject to change at any time), click here to complete the electronic Department of Health Traveler form. For more information about the local COVID-19 response please contact Warren County Public Health at 518-761-6580.
What are my responsibilities as a guest of Lake George RV Park during this time of Covid-19?
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. We value everyone equally, and it is for that reason that we are taking extra precautions and ask that you do so as well.
We ask for your PLEDGE and full commitment to following the guidelines below. ONLY with your cooperation and priority treatment of these rules, will we be able to stay open safely. We will do our best to preserve the enjoyment and relaxation you have come to expect here.
- Face coverings currently must be worn when entering all Park buildings (including all open indoor and outdoor aquatic areas) or anywhere where posted and remain on the entire time you are inside, unless you are in aquatic waters.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and others unless they are part of your immediate camping party (staying together on one campsite) when inside and outside
- Minimize the number of people in your party when entering buildings when possible to minimize the number of people inside at one time
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer (60% min. alcohol) as often as possible. All guests will be provided with a complimentary sanitizer mister that can be shared by your party and refilled at numerous locations throughout the park during your visit.
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible
- Leave the park and return to your home if you are feeling ill. Anyone that feels sick, whether or not they have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID19, should remain out of circulation in public areas of the Park
Where can we get food and groceries?
Our French Mountain Trading Post is open daily for staples, ice, firewood and other basic supplies.
The Camper Café is scheduled to be open weekends only, subject to change. Please follow all guidelines that may be in place for social distancing and face covering when congregating in public areas.
Area restaurants are open with limited seating and requirement to wear face coverings when not seated. Takeout or delivery is also available at select restaurnts. Please visit this special website set up specifically for current “dining at your campsite” options – Great Takeout and Delivery Option in Lake George Region
Directions to local grocery stores can be found in our Vacation Guide that is provided to you when you check in. Please check ahead with individual stores regarding hours and possible restrictions on access during certain times.
May I have visitors during our stay?
For the health and safety of our guests and team members, visitors will not be permitted anywhere on the resort property until further notice in order to better maintain social distancing on and off campsites. Once NY guidelines are moderated regarding social distancing we may adjust our visitor policy accordingly.
What is your cancellation policy?
We are all experiencing the life-changing impacts that COVID-19 is having on our communities and world. We also realize that due to these events that you may need to change your travel plans. First, we encourage you to change your expected date of arrival (based on availability) to another 2020 arrival date. Our family-owned and operated business would appreciate the opportunity to host you later this season and we will be happy to make date adjustments for the 2020 season at no charge. Deposits held for 2020 reservations cannot be transferred to 2021 reservations. Please adhere to all cancellation requirements to receive deposit refunds less services charges.
We have one of the friendliest cancellation policies in our industry. As with any business, cancellations are unfortunate for the guest as well as the campground, so we have designed our policies to be as fair as possible to both.
- For non-holiday RV campsites: Full refunds less a $10 service charge if canceled 48 hours before arrival date. No refunds if canceled less than 48 hours before arrival.
- For holiday RV campsites: Full refunds less a $10 service charge if canceled two weeks(14 days) before arrival date. No refunds if canceled less than two weeks before arrival.
- For our on-site RV rentals: If the cancellation is received at least 30 days before arrival date – full refund less $15; at least 21 days before arrival date – 75% of deposit will be refunded; at least 14 days before arrival date – 50% of deposit will be refunded; less than 14 days before arrival date – no refund.
What if someone at Lake George RV Park is diagnosed with the virus?
If our management is notified of a confirmed diagnosis that someone in the park has tested positive for COVID-19, we will follow the required NY State guidelines and immediately notify the local office of New York State Department of Health. We will offer full cooperation and follow their guidance. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 virus should follow CDC guidelines, contact their health care provider and self-quarantine for at least 14 days.
Anyone that feels sick, whether or not they have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID19, should remain out of circulation in public areas of the Park, and are encouraged to return home as soon as possible.
What are you doing to maintain clean and sanitized facilities?
- Our guests are responsible for their own personal safety at all times while in the Park and need to take precautions to protect their own health and safety while on and off their campsite. Our staff is fully committed as well to do our best to provide for our guests’ health and safety. Please follow the CDC Guidelines for Personal Safety Practices so that every guest in the can do their share to protect themselves and keep others safe
We are taking the following measures at our Park to adhere to social distancing and CDC guidelines as required by New York State:
- All our campsites are far enough apart to enable social distancing from neighboring guests easily.
- Staff is performing regular cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and open public areas.
- Please take precautions to sanitize hands, wear face coverings, and avoid touching face when entering Park buildings.
- Our housekeeping staff is adding increased sterilization to their already stringent cleaning procedures in all rental units.
- We are spacing apart employees, where possible, for safety.
- We are requiring that all staff utilize PPE while working in public spaces, including face coverings and gloves when necessary.
- All staff are being trained on protective hygiene, from a thorough cleaning to social distancing and hand-washing/hand-sanitizing procedures.
- All guests are provide a complimentary 2 oz. sanitizer mister upon arrival to be shared among your family members. These can be refilled at dozen of refill stations throughout the facility at no charge. Frequent sanitizing of hands, constantly when not on your campsite, is one of the best ways to personally avoid the spread of COVID19.
- All restroom buildings are equipped with touch free soap dispensers with antibacterial soap, hand dryers and towels.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed in many public areas throughout the facility and will be refilled regularly based on market availability of products.
- We use Mark 11 Hospital grade sanitizer for cleaning all surfaces
- We use Germicidal bleach on all toilet and urinal fixtures.
- We will have our team circulating through each public building to clean and wipe down frequently touched surfaces.
- Outdoor services are not sanitized. Please use the free sanitizer mister often when in contact with outside facilities. Refill stations are provide in convenient locations throughout the park.
Will my next stay be different than previous stays at your Park?
We are all experiencing the COVID-19 world together this season. While we truly believe that our guests will have amazing, positive and memorable vacation experiences during every stay now and into the future, we also must accept that our behaviors and actions will need to adjust at times for us to all safely enjoy our individual vacation experiences. Our Park is designed to serve groups of guests that share and experience things together. We will require your full cooperation and support as we navigate these new waters together this season. Please realize when things seem different, or not the same as they have been for you during prior visits, that we are doing the best we can in the unfamiliar and challenging environment that we live in. Take deep breaths of fresh mountain air AND maintain your social distancing and WE WILL get through this time together.