Last updated 07/4/2020 4:42 pm
When will you open for the season?
WE ARE OPEN as of Monday, June 1st. We are all eager to experience the 2020 season together, but our primary concern is the safety and well-being of our guests and staff. Our guest services team is available from 8 am- 9 pm daily to answer your questions and address your concerns. They can be reached by phone at 518-792-3775.
What amenities are currently available to guests?
Our pools are now open (special user requirements in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 – see below) You can view a list of currently operating park amenities and their operating hours by clicking here. Please note, that due to current guidelines and restrictions some amenities will not be available until further notice, for a list of amenities or canceled park events please click here. Our list of available park amenities and services will be updated as new information is announced by the Governor. You may visit the New York State Regional Monitoring Dashboard at any time to see where the Capital Region (the region that includes Lake George) falls within the reopening metrics.
If you are not comfortable with visiting our Park with a limited number of amenities open or restricted, or do not wish to take the required safety precautions the entire time you are a guest in our facility, please change your arrival date to a time when we expect to be able to offer an environment that you are comfortable with vacationing. We are dependent on New York State to direct us in matters of public safety and require your understanding and cooperation at all phases of the reopening process. No discounts will be offered as the current, nightly rate already reflects our “limited, off-season” services. We are also incurring significant extra costs to make our environments as safe as possible that were not expected at the time our 2020 rates were confirmed.
Are your aquatic areas open?
We are very pleased that all of our aquatic areas reopened on June 5. Specific hours of operations will vary by date. According to the CDC there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the water. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (with chlorine) of pools should kill COVID-19.
Swimming and other water-related activities are excellent ways to get the physical activity needed for a healthy life. If you are not sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, it is safe to use swimming pools as long as steps are taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Practice social distancing by staying at least six feet (two meters) from others that are not included in your camping party, everywhere in our facility, except your own campsite.
- Stay home if you, or a member of your party, has symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID19 within the last 14 days, or were exposed through close contact to someone
with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Ensure that all individuals maintain a distance of at least six feet from other individuals at all times, unless they are members of the same household or family unit, or safety or the core activity requires a shorter distance. However, any time individuals are within six feet of individuals outside of their household or family unit and not in the water, they must wear an acceptable face-covering that covers both the nose and mouth. Individuals must be prepared to don a face covering if another person unexpectedly comes within six feet.
- For health and safety concerns, ensure face coverings are not worn by individuals while they are in the water.
- Limit the maximum size of any single group of people on the premise or in the water to 10 or fewer individuals; however, there may be more than one group on premise or in
water so long as they are able to be separated by at least six feet; Occupancy of the premise and pool should be limited to the number of individuals and groups who can be safely and appropriate spaced such that each individual and group is at least six feet away from others.
- Ensure different groups of people are separated by at least six feet on the premise or in the water, to the extent possible.
- Keep your hands clean by washing hands with soap and water, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% is provided in numerous locations at all entrances to our aquatic areas. You may also refill your complimentary personal sanitizer misters at these stations.
- Before planning to visit our aquatic areas with children please be certain that they will have proper supervision at all times while in the aquatic areas. Families with children that may not be able to following social distancing guidelines while in aquatic areas are encouraged to find other fun acclivities instead or to come at hours when lower occupancy is most likely.
- Please plan on a shorter stay at our pool areas than your may typically experience to allow other guest to enjoy these facilities with lower numbers of guests in the area.
- When using spa please do not plan to stay in water for more than the recommended amount of time for your health and safety – 15 minutes.
- Children using the spray pad must be supervised at all times to assure that social distancing is maintained at all times on pad and when using slide.
Will registration be different when I arrive?
We are operating our front desk on a “reduced touch” remote model; remote check-ins will be available as well walk-in registrations. If you are interested in a remote check-in, please follow the steps below. Upon arrival to LGRVP, please pull up to our main office. Once you are outside our office, call our main office number, 518-792-3775. We ask that you have all necessary information ready at this time including license plate numbers and payment information. (Please note that remote registration can only be done during operating hours via credit card or gift card payments for regular campsites). Once the phone registration is complete our representative will bring your packet out to your vehicle with further site instructions.
Are guests that do not reside in New York State allowed to currently camp at LGRVP?
Yes, we are currently serving guests from all states (and Canada once the boarder reopens) We can only serve guests with self-contained RVs, which is usually the case as we do not have any tent sites. Our on-site RV rental RVs (including our pet friendly units) are also currently available for booking by guests that reside in any state. Please contact our guest services team for more details on making a reservation.
What are my responsibilities as a guest of Lake George RV Park during this time of Covid-19?
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. We value everyone equally, and it is for that reason that we are taking extra precautions and ask that you do so as well.
We ask for your PLEDGE and full commitment to following the guidelines below. ONLY with your cooperation and priority treatment of these rules, will we be able to stay open safely. We will do our best to preserve the enjoyment and relaxation you have come to expect here.
- Face coverings currently must be worn when entering all Park buildings or anywhere where posted and remain on the entire time you are inside
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and others unless they are part of your immediate camping party (staying together on one campsite) when inside and outside
- Minimize the number of people in your party when entering buildings when possible to minimize the number of people inside at one time
- Wash you hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer (60% min. alcohol) as often as possible. All guests will be provided with a complimentary sanitizer mister that can be shared by your party and refilled at numerous locations throughout the park during your visit.
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible
- Leave the park and return to your home if you are feeling ill. Anyone that feels sick, whether or not they have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID19, should remain out of circulation in public areas of the Park
What can we do if NY State restrictions are still in place when we visit?
Although the majority of our facilities and services have now reopened to guests practicing safety guidelines, possible restrictions in our services and amenities per NY state restrictions, guests can always enjoy a Park visit by connecting with the great outdoors. Our biking and hiking trails, fishing pond will always be available for guests to take in the fresh Adirondack air. Our connecting Warren County bike trail is also expected to be open for guests that wish to take extended rides. Of course, social distancing and face covering is required when you could be in contact with other guests who are not part of your family. In addition, all campsites include 72 channels of high definition television and free wifi (best accessible outside your RV), picnic table and a campfire ring to enjoy.
Where can we get food and groceries?
Our French Mountain Trading Post is open daily for staples, ice, firewood and other basic supplies. However, depending on NY state guidelines at the time of your visit there may be restrictions in the number of guests that can enter the retail area at once.
The Camper Café is scheduled to be open regularly scheduled days and hours, subject to change. Please note that menu options may also be impacted by limitations placed on us by vendors. Please follow all guidelines that may be in place for social distancing and face covering when congregating in public areas.
Area restaurants will begin to reopen completely and serve inside and out beginning on Wednesday, June 17. Many area restaurants are currently serving with outdoor seating only. Take out or delivery is also available. Please visit this special website setup specifically for current “dining at your campsite” options – Great Takeout and Delivery Option in Lake George Region
Directions to local grocery stores can be found in our Vacation Guide that is provided to you when you check in. Please check ahead with individual stores regarding hours and possible restrictions on access during certain times.
May I have visitors during our stay?
For the health and safety of our guests and team members, visitors will not be permitted anywhere on the resort property until further notice in order to better maintain social distancing on and off campsites. Once NY guidelines are moderated regarding social distancing we may adjust our visitor policy accordingly.
What is your cancellation policy?
We are all experiencing the life-changing impacts that COVID-19 is having on our communities and world. We also realize that due to these events that you may need to change your travel plans. First, we encourage you to change your expected date of arrival (based on availability) to another 2020 arrival date. Our family-owned and operated business would appreciate the opportunity to host you later this season and we will be happy to make date adjustments for the 2020 season at no charge.
We have one of the friendliest cancellation policies in our industry. As with any business, cancellations are unfortunate for the guest as well as the campground, so we have designed our policies to be as fair as possible to both.
- For non-holiday RV campsites: Full refunds less a $10 service charge if canceled 48 hours before arrival date. No refunds if canceled less than 48 hours before arrival.
- For holiday RV campsites: Full refunds less a $10 service charge if canceled two weeks(14 days) before arrival date. No refunds if canceled less than two weeks before arrival.
- For our on-site RV rentals: If the cancellation is received at least 30 days before arrival date – full refund less $15; at least 21 days before arrival date – 75% of deposit will be refunded; at least 14 days before arrival date – 50% of deposit will be refunded; less than 14 days before arrival date – no refund.
What if someone at Lake George RV Park is diagnosed with the virus?
If our management is notified of a confirmed diagnosis that someone in the park has tested positive for COVID-19, we will follow the required NY State guidelines and immediately notify the local office of New York State Department of Health. We will offer full cooperation and follow their guidance. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 virus should follow CDC guidelines, contact their health care provider and self-quarantine for at least 14 days.
Anyone that feels sick, whether or not they have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID19, should remain out of circulation in public areas of the Park.
What are you doing to maintain clean and sanitized facilities?
- Our guests are responsible for their own personal safety at all times while in the Park and need to take precautions to protect their own health and safety while on and off their campsite. Our staff is fully committed as well to do our best to provide for our guests’ health and safety. Please follow the CDC Guidelines for Personal Safety Practices so that every guest in the can do their share to protect themselves and keep others safe
We are taking the following measures at our Park to adhere to social distancing and CDC guidelines as required by New York State:
- All our campsites are far enough apart to enable social distancing from neighboring guests easily.
- Staff is performing regular cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and open public areas.
- Please take precautions to sanitize hands, wear face coverings, and avoid touching face when entering Park buildings.
- Our housekeeping staff is adding increased sterilization to their already stringent cleaning procedures in all rental units.
- We are spacing apart employees, where possible, for safety.
- We are requiring that all staff utilize PPE while working in public spaces, including face coverings and gloves when necessary.
- All staff are being trained on protective hygiene, from a thorough cleaning to social distancing and hand-washing/hand-sanitizing procedures.
- All guests are provide a complimentary 2 oz. sanitizer mister upon arrival to be shared among your family members. These can be refilled at dozen of refill stations throughout the facility at no charge. Frequent sanitizing of hands, constantly when not on your campsite, is one of the best ways to personally avoid the spread of COVID19.
- All restroom buildings are equipped with touch free soap dispensers with antibacterial soap, hand dryers and towels.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed in many public areas throughout the facility and will be refilled regularly based on market availability of products.
- We use Mark 11 Hospital grade sanitizer for cleaning all surfaces
- We use Germicidal bleach on all toilet and urinal fixtures.
- We will have our team circulating through each public building to clean and wipe down frequently touched surfaces.
- Outdoor services are not sanitized. Please use the free sanitizer mister often when in contact with outside facilities. Refill stations are provide in convenient locations throughout the park.
Will my next stay be different than previous stays at your Park?
We are all experiencing the COVID-19 world together for the first time. While we truly believe that our guests will have amazing, positive and memorable vacation experiences during every stay now and into the future, we also must accept that our behaviors and actions will need to adjust at times for us to all safely enjoy our individual vacation experiences. Our Park is designed to serve groups of guests that share and experience things together. We will require your full cooperation and support as we navigate these new waters together for the first time. Please realize when things seem different, or not the same as they have been for you during prior visits, that we are doing the best we can in the unfamiliar environment that we live in. Take deep breaths of fresh mountain air AND maintain your social distancing and WE WILL get through this time together.